Your shopping cart is empty!
StoveTop FireStop® Microhood Automatic Fire Suppression Unit
- Brand: Williams RDM
- Product Code: 677-1
- Availability: In Stock
£153.00 Inc VAT £127.50 Ex VAT
StoveTop FireStop® was invented over 50 years ago in the USA by a specialist military defence company to protect a cooker top with a traditional extractor.
Since then it has helped save thousands of lives and properties within the US and Canada.
This simple unit attaches to the wall where an extractor hood is absent or underneath cabinets and from there guards against unattended cooking fires. These account for over 50% of all kitchen fires in the UK.
This fully automatic unit activates when the flames from a burning pan ignite the fuse and a loud 'pop' releases high grade fire suppressing powder which totally engulfs the pan and extinguishes the fire.
Reliable, safe and cost-efficient with over 20 million sold in the US alone.
- Intended Use - Indoor, residential stovetop pan fires (NOT recommended for deep fat fryers)
- Activation Method - Automatic when there is a direct, sustained contact with a flame
- Powder Dispersal Method - Gravity (non-pressurised)
- Primary Suppression Agent - Non-toxic dry powder
- Intended Application - Microwave oven overhead, cabinets or other lower venthoods
- Required Vertical Clearance - 15-27" (38-68cm) between the underside of the cabinet/microwave and the cooking surface
- Required Horizontal Distance from Back Wall - Should be at least 14" (36cm) from back wall or back of the stove
- Weight (total Product) - 850g (per unit)
- Height - 5.6cm
- Width - 9.9cm
- Installation Method - Drywall anchors and screws (included) holds the device to the wall (extension bars available)
- Number of devices needed to protect standard 4 ring hob - Two (sold as a pair so one pair will protect a 4 ring hob)
- Certification - Device and powder tested by BSI recognised NRTL (Nationally Recognised Testing Laboratory)
- Effective Life - Replace after activation or 5 years whichever is sooner