Your shopping cart is empty!
StoveTop FireStop® Rangehood Automatic Fire Suppression Unit (PAIR)
- Brand: Williams RDM
- Product Code: 675-3
- Availability: In Stock
£78.00 Inc VAT £65.00 Ex VAT
StoveTop FireStop® was invented over 50 years ago in the USA by a specialist military defence company to protect a cooker top with a traditional extractor.
Since then it has helped save thousands of lives and properties within the US and Canada.
This simple device uses strong magnets to attach inside the cooker extractor hood and from there guards against unattended cooking fires. These account for over 50% of all kitchen fires in the UK.
This fully automatic unit activates when the flames from a burning pan ignite the fuse and a loud 'pop' releases high grade fire suppressing powder which totally engulfs the pan and extinguishes the fire.
Reliable, safe and cost-efficient with over 20 million sold in the US alone.
**Please note this item is sold as a pair**
- Easy to install
- Anti-tamper fixings available
- Alerts residents
- Intended Use - Indoor, residential stovetop pan fires (NOT recommended for deep fat fryers)
- Activation Method - Automatic when there is a direct, sustained contact with a flame
- Powder Dispersal Method - Gravity (non-pressurised)
- Primary Suppression Agent - Non-toxic dry powder
- Intended Application - Traditional cookers with standard extractor hood
- Required Vertical Clearance - 27-35" (68-88cm) between the hob and the bottom of the surface where the magnet will attach
- Required Horizontal Distance from Back Wall - Position each canister at the midpoint between the centre of the front and back hobs on each side
- Weight (total Product) - 340g (per unit)
- Height - 9cm (inc magnet assembly)
- Width - 8.6cm
- Installation Method - Industrial strength magnet holds the device to the underside of the hood. Alternative mounting aids available.
- Number of devices needed to protect standard 4 ring hob - Two (sold as a pair so one pair will protect a 4 ring hob)
- Certification - Device and powder tested by BSI recognised NRTL (Nationally Recognised Testing Laboratory)
- Effective Life - Replace after activation or 5 years whichever is sooner